Kinney, J.H., J.S. Stolken, T.S. Smith, J.T. Ryaby, and N.E. Lane, "An orientation distribution function for trabecular bone," Bone 36(2), 193-201 (2005)
Tomography of Babylonian clay tablet with sealed internal tablet; Dr. David Owen, Cornell University. The internal tablet is imprinted with Cuneiform script that describes quantities of materials that were used in an accounting taxation system developed in early human societies. The internal script reads, "1 bushel (by royal standard) and 40 liters of barley, the deficit from the field of Iridu, Lubaba received in the year the city of Urbilum was raided" (the 2nd year of king Amar-Suena, 2044 B.C.E.) See "Attachments" section below to dowload a movie of the Babylonian clay tablet (.wmv).
1. Nalla, R.K., J.J. Kruzic, J.H. Kinney, and R.O. Ritchie, "Effect of aging on the toughness of human cortical bone: Evaluation by R-curves," Bone 35(6), 1240-1246 (2004).
2. Kinney, J.H., J.S. Stolken, T.S. Smith, J.T. Ryaby, and N.E. Lane, "An Orientation Distribution function for trabecular bone," Bone 36(2), 193-201 (2005).
3. Balooch, G., M. Balooch, R.K. Nalla, S. Schilling, E.H. Filvaroff, G. Marshall, S.J. Marshall, R.O. Ritchie, R. Derynck, and T. Alliston, "TGF-beta regulates the mechanical properties and composition of bone matrix," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 102(50), 18813-18818 (2005).
4. Wright, H.M., "Physical and Chemical Signatures of Degassing in Volcanic Systems," doctoral dissertation, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2006, Advisor Katharine Cashman.
5. Yao, W., G. Balooch, M. Balooch, Y.B. Jiang, R.K. Nalla, J. Kinney, T.J. Wronski, and N.E. Lane, "Sequential treatment of overiectomized mice with bFGF and risedronate restored trabecular bone microarchitecture and mineralization," Bone 39(3), 460-469 (2006).
6. Wright, H.M N., J.J. Roberts, and K.V. Cashman, "Permeability of anisotropic tube pumice: Model calculations and measurements," Geophysical Research Letters 33(17), L17316-1-L17316-6 (2006).
7. Nalla R.K., J.J.Kruzic, J. H. Kinney, G.M.Balooch, J.W.Ager III, R.O.Ritchie., “Role of microstructure in the aging-related deterioration of the toughness of human cortical bone”, : Materials Science & Engineering C-Biomimetic And Supramolecular Systems 26 (8): 1251-1260 Sp. Iss. SI, Sept. (2006 )
8. Roberts, J.J., J.K. Kinney, J.H. Siebert, and F.J. Ryerson, "Fe-Ni-S melt permeability in olivine: Implications for planetary core formation ," Geophysical Research Letters 34(14), L14306 (2007).
9. Boi M., Mogollón J. L., Soler J. M., Ayora C., Cama J. (2007) An Experimental Approach to the Study of the Passivation of Permeable Carbonate Barriers for the Remediation of Acid Mine Solutions. IMWA Symposium 2007. Water in Mining Environements. Cagliary, Italy, 27-31 May, 2007. Proceedings, 409-413.
10. Holroyd, P.A., "New Data On Dental Eruption Patterns in Condylarths and Afrotheres," 28(3), 93-93 (2008). Proceedings of Society of Vertebrate Paleontology, Annual Meeting, (Cleveland, Ohio, 10/15/08-10/18/08)
11. Klein, O.D., D.B. Lyons, G. Balooch, G.W. Marshall, M.A. Basson, M. Peterka, T. Boran, R. Peterkova, and G.R. Martin, "An FGF signaling loop sustains the generation of differentiated progeny from stem cells in mouse incisors.," Development 135, 377-385 (2008).
12. Koester, K.J., J.W. Ager III, and R.O. Ritchie, "The true toughness of human cortical bone measured with realistically short cracks," Nature Materials7, 672-677 (August 2008). ( 8.3.2)
13. Klein, O.D., D.B. Lyons, G. Balooch, G.W. Marshall, M.A. Basson, M. Peterka, T. Boran, R. Peterkova, and G.R. Martin, "An FGF signaling loop sustains the generation of differentiated progeny from stem cells in mouse incisors.," Development 135, 377-385 (January 2008).